Some years back, the world relied on newspapers, TV, and Radio as the primary sources of news. Landline telephones, and later mobile phones, were the major platform for communicating with loved ones, and checking out on them. Then the internet came. And within no time, it combined all the things that human beings desired to accomplish, into one single activity. As long as one has internet and is online, they can learn of the latest news, chat and communicate with friends and loved ones, etc.
How has the internet changed the way we live?
The internet has just changed the way we live; it has changed everything about the way we live;
- Today, you don’t have to leave your house to go shop on the streets; with internet you can shop online, buy food and get the items dropped right at your doorstep without going out and lifting heavy bags.
- It’s now easier to communicate with friends and loved ones over long distances. Skype, Whatsapp, Facebook, and other social media platforms help you connect with the world from the comfort of your residence.
- Job applications no longer have to be posted on newspapers, or advertized over radio; most companies, and prospective job seekers are posting vacancies online and applying for the same online respectively.
- Entertainment has been personalized and customized. One can visit a TV website, and decide what content or item they want to view. YouTube has millions and millions of videos, movies, songs, that one can watch for free as long as they have internet.
- The internet has changed the way the world is being governed. More internet means more access to information, which means that people are holding their leaders to account more than before; governments and leaders are rushing to have an online presence so as to interact and mingle with those they lead.
The internet has revolutionalized how mankind lives; the invention of internet will always be remembered as one of the greatest milestones that humans ever made.